Little Bluestem (Schizachyrium scoparium)
A warm-season native grass typically found in most dry-mesic prairies.
- Acronym: SCHSCO
- Life-Cycle: Perennial
- Bloom Color: Green
- Bloom Time: July - October
- Typical Height: 30"
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Soil Preference: Dry - Mesic
- Root Structure: Fiberous and Short Rhizome
- Stratification: None Required
- Seeds per Ounce: 15,000*
- IL County Ecotypes we Grow**
- Lee/Ogle/Whiteside County
Other scientific names used for this species:
- Andropogon scoparium
Other common names used for this species:
*Approximate, actual number of seeds may vary slightly by seed lot.
**We have listed the County ecotypes that we grow for this species, this ecotype may or may not be available at the time of your order. If you prefer one of the ecotypes over another please type it into the "Additional Info Section" and we'll provide that ecotype if it's available, if it is not available we will provide one of the other ecotypes listed.