Little Bluestem (Schizachyrium scoparium)A warm-season native grass typically found in most dry-mesic prairies. This selection is not produced by The Prairie State Nursery and is not of Illinois Ecotype. Ecotypes may vary from order to order.
- Acronym: SCHSCO
- Life-Cycle: Perennial
- Bloom Color: Green
- Bloom Time: July - October
- Typical Height: 30"
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Soil Preference: Dry - Mesic
- Root Structure: Fiberous and Short Rhizome
- Stratification: None Required
- Seeds per Ounce: 15,000*
Other scientific names used for this species:
- Andropogon scoparium
Other common names used for this species:
*Approximate, actual number of seeds may vary slightly by seed lot.