Dark-green Bulrush (Scirpus atrovirens)
A bulrush found growing in wet prairies, ditches, wetlands, along river banks, and in pond margins.
- Acronym: SCIATR
- Life-Cycle: Perennial
- Bloom Color: Green - Brown
- Bloom Time: June - August
- Typical Height: 60"
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Soil Preference: Wet - Shallow Standing Water
- Root Structure: Fiberous and Rhizome
- Stratification: Best Planted in Fall; Cold and Moist for 60 Days
- Seeds per Ounce: 460,000*
- Seeds per Packet: 5,000*
- IL County Ecotypes we Grow**
- LaSalle County
Other scientific names used for this species:
Other common names used for this species:
*Approximate, actual number of seeds may vary slightly by seed lot.
**We have listed the County ecotypes that we grow for this species, this ecotype may or may not be available at the time of your order. If you prefer one of the ecotypes over another please type it into the "Additional Info Section" and we'll provide that ecotype if it's available, if it is not available we will provide one of the other ecotypes listed.