Drummond's Aster (Symphyotrichum drummondii)
A beauiful flower that dominates the fall in dry, shady natural areas. A tough native plant of dry Illinois savannas and open woodlands.
- Acronym: SYMDRU
- Life-Cycle: Perennial
- Bloom Color: White to Light Purple
- Bloom Time: August - October
- Typical Height: 36"
- Light Preference: Part Shade
- Soil Preference: Dry
- Root Structure: Fiberous and Short Rhizome
- Stratification: Cold & Moist for 60 Days
- Seeds per Ounce: 80,000*
- IL County Ecotypes we Grow**
- DeKalb/LaSalle County
Other scientific names used for this species:
Other common names used for this species:
*Approximate, actual number of seeds may vary slightly by seed lot.
**We have listed the County ecotypes that we grow for this species, this ecotype may or may not be available at the time of your order. If you prefer one of the ecotypes over another please type it into the "Additional Info Section" and we'll provide that ecotype if it's available, if it is not available we will provide one of the other ecotypes listed.